Christian McBride & Inside Straight tops the list of acts confirmed for this year’s DC JazzFest. The event is scheduled for Aug. 31 to Sept. 4 in Washington.
This year’s festival will include “in-person and live-streamed performances,” says artistic director Willard Jenkins. So far, the five-day lineup features:
- Christian McBride & Inside Straight
- Cindy Blackman Santana Band
- Orrin Evans Captain Black Big Band
- Dianne Reeves
- The Baylor Project
- Emmet Cohen Trio
- Patrick Zimmerli with special guests Chris Potter and Clarence Penn
- Donvonte McCoy
- Giveton Gelin Quintet and Dayramir Gonzalez & Habana enTRANCé
- Vox Sambou
- Dan Wilson Trio
That list is expected to grow. For more information and tickets, visit dcjazzfest.org.